condensing boilers

Hello,

I have been shopping around for the best price on a boiler (any recommendations?) and I was surprised to find so many non-condensing models still for sale. I thought that exemptions were close to impossible for non-condensing boilers; after all, it can't be that difficult to fit a drain pipe to a new boiler.

So who is buying all these non-condensing domestic boilers and how are they getting away with it? Would an oftec person refuse to install/commission one?

If one was installed who would find out and what would happen? They say you will get in trouble when you move house. So if you never intend to move, what then? Why should moving make a difference? When I bought my house I did not ask to see receipts for the boiler. What is to stop people saying they have lost the receipt or that it was fitted before they moved in? What is stopping the vendor saying this is my house take it or leave it?

I'm getting a condensing model but I just wondered anyway ;)

Reply to
Stephen