Common'd telephone distribution box w/IDC?

Does anyone make a common'd telephone distribution box w/IDC?

As in krone 4-way input supplied off BT master. Then 4-way output #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 commoned up on the PCB for each room.

I suspect most people daisy-chain, but I would much prefer a star arrangement.

Does anything like that exist?

Reply to
js.b1

"js.b1" wrote

Try googling "telephone distribution box" this gives examples. I have one with screw terminals linked across for wires to pins 2, 3 and 5.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Something like:

quite well for this sort of applications. Loop the incoming A & B wires (ignore the bell wire[1]), through all 8 connectors on one side, and then you have 4 pairs on the other size to star out from.

[1] Since bell is unbalanced, and can pick up ADSL degrading noise when routed around lots of internal wiring, its better to regenerate it locally at each socket using a PABX master socket (i.e. one with a ring capacitor, but without the surge arrester and test resistor of the full master)
Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks to all, that looks viable. Saves me having to make one up in an adaptable box anyway.

Reply to
js.b1