Cleaning curtain hooks

In message , Rod Speed writes

The washing machine is good for stuff like a dustpan and brush. A little noisy is I forget not to use the spin cycle :-)

My painted stuff was the cover of a GPO junction box, which had been painted multiple times. The dishwasher did not remove the paint, but made it soft enough to scrape off with a finger nail.

Reply to
News

In message , Rod Speed writes

I washed my son's grubby Lego bricks in the washing machine by putting them in a pillowcase, and securing the open end with a large 'clippit'. Worked well.

Reply to
News

You also wash paint rollers in the washing machine.

Reply to
alan_m

In message , alan_m writes

Is that a statement, question, or recommendation?

Reply to
News

We've just taken down some of the curtains and washed them for the first time since we moved in. The hooks were fine; the lining disintegrated. I'd guess the hooks are the same age as the curtains: 1981.

(yes, we are going to replace them. But there are more urgent problems)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I wouldn't risk it. Might lead to divorce!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I installed 'swish' tracks in ~1991, the hooks and the twistlock things that hold the track to the wall brackets all went brittle some time ago.

A pack of 25 hooks is 39p from Dunelm, probably cheaper than washing them ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have a problem, though. When I use a roller, I wash it afterwards, then hang it somewhere to dry. When SWMBO uses a roller, she rinses it, and leaves it in the sink for me to move 'somewhere'. Note, rinses. That means I then have to wash it properly anyway. She, of course, maintains that she has already washed it properly. Just like she has just roller painted a wall properly ...

Reply to
News