Clarke Equipment

Is it any good ? Looking at getting some stuff e.g. shelving / workbench / drill press etc. to go in my new garage ...
Cheers Ian.
Ian Clarke BSc (Hons) AMBCS

I'm pretty certain most of it is just badged. Things like their pillar drills and grinders appear identical to the Wickes/B&Q ones but at a higher price.
--
*Tell me to 'stuff it' - I'm a taxidermist.

Not always higher priced. Look out for Machine Mart's "vat free" days. Also Clarke's spares service is pretty good. I was surprised when a friend was able to get a replacement volute (fast and cheap) for a chinese pump, I was sure they would say "buy another pump".
Maybe for you but I had to wait a year for a replacement guide plate for a table saw. They did come up with it in the end but kept blaming their supplier in the far east.

Also
able
sure

A lot of their stuff is Chinses made and rebadged - NuTool, performance Power etc do the same
I have a few items including a big MIG welder and all seems to be lasting well - but agree with the others, it's just rebadged Nu-tool or SIP or something.
Alan.