Cistern will not fill

Hi again,

Sorry about this, but all I seem to be doing is asking questions!

I've got a cistern problem now. I bought a new, pre assembled (can't even get the lid off it), close coupled cistern. When I fitted it yesterday, just after the merchant closed!, I found that it will not fill. Initially a little water ran into the cistern and straight into the toilet pan, but that's all that happened. The button on the top of the lid doesn't appear to do anything at all when pressed. The pipework to the cistern is not choked.

Any ideas on what I could try? This is a holiday weekend here, so the merchant isn't open again until Wednesday.

TVMIA

-- Le Dùrachd

Andy The e-mail address in the header is false, apply ROT13 to this one to reply snipped-for-privacy@naql.np . Thanks.

Reply to
Andy

Find a way into the cistern. I work on the basis that some one (or thing) made it so it *must* be possible to disassemble. Glued and/or welded together parts are PITA. B-)

Look for little slots that allow a flat screwdriver in to spring a hidden latch. Apply a little bit of force and see what gives and where things are held etc...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice