Circular Saw Recommendations?

Hitachi circular saws are the mutts nuts IME with really good cast ali baseplates.

Some of the Mak ones are better than others IME. The Site badged version I got from SF is ok for th3e money[1]- certainly massively better than the B&D proline one it replaced (and the proline stuff was a fair improvement on the normal B&D fodder)

[1] SF are still knocking out the 110V version at £30 which is a very good price...
Reply to
John Rumm

My excellent Skilsaw with a new new tungston blade was not cutting trellis very well, but I did manage to cut a couple of bits. When I went to cut fence posts it barely cut at all. Then I discovered that some silly old fool had put the blade on backwards!

Reply to
Matty F

I'm very pleased with my Makita circular saw. I can't find anything wrong with it.

Reply to
Mark

The blade guard was the main problem on mine. Those little wheels on the front kept falling off & it twisted out of shape easily.

Much prefer the more rigid cast one on the AEG.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I bought a B&D 7 1/4" circular saw in 1980 from B&Q and it has built 3 houses ... been used and abused, and loaned out many times .... been worth the cost 10 times over.

A bit like Triggers brush ... several new blades, 2 new mains leads one new switch ... but still going strong.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I recently bought a MAC Allister MCS1200L (B&Q own brand) for something in the region of =A350. Good solid cast base plate, very rigid compared to others on the shelf with pressed steel plates.

No little wheels on the MAC but the return spring is a tad on the strong side for my liking. I find it tends to lift the saw when used with a saw board, it doesn't just rotate out of the way, it requires effort.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice