Circular saw not cutting at 90deg

Hi I have bought a B&D circular saw (http://tinyurl.com/ypqbd ) and using it today I've found it is not cutting at 90degrees. In fact (if my maths is correct) it is more like 88-89 degrees or about 1mm out when cutting 30mm of timber. There seems to be quite a lot of lateral movement of the blade, which I assume is causing this.
Should I be expecting more accuracy from this? Although not a major problem at the moment, I would have hoped for better. Are there better alternatives out there in the same price bracket (60)?
Thanks
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:01:01 +0000, Richard

B&D = low quality. (usually) Cheap B&D = low quality. Makita circular saw = good quality. (100) Not much extra for a quality tool. ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Your saw has the ability to cut at angles of up to 45 degrees by tilting the sole plate relative to the blade. In order for it to cut square, it is important that the sole plate is moved right back to its "home" position so as to be perpendicular to the plane of the blade. It's as well to check this before concluding that it's faulty.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

You may find a stop designed to allow the sole plate return to zero. On a good saw this will be adjustable. On a cheap saw it may be just a piece of bent steel. You may have to adjust this back stop to get a 90degree cut
Paul Mc Cann
You should find a small screw at the back to limit the upright position. You probably need to adjust this so that it cuts true to 90deg in he upright position, same probably goes for the 45deg position at the lower part.
Mat