Circular Saw

step up,step down bore size adaptors.

Where can I get one? tried Axminster,Toolstation,Machinemart,Screwfix...no joy. ;-(

My Einhell CS has a 16mm bore but Id like to buy 80 tooth blades but these are limited in 16mm bore and quality.

Reply to
George

Lots of blades come with them. I'm pretty sure my freud diabolo blades did.

Reply to
dom

Bit odd that? so are you saying if I buy a blade that has a 30mm bore it'll also come with a 16mm bore adaptor?

Reply to
George

I'm saying they *often* do. Nothing odd about it - the blade manufacturers want to maximise sales.

Reply to
dom

Some do, some don't you have to look at the spec. This one, for example, comes with 16 & 25mm adapters

Bob Mannix

Axminster sell them (they make their own).

For 16mm you shouldn't need one. Historically this is 5/8" and quite a common bore size.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

But only in 40 tooth. :-)

Reply to
George

Sorry, I mis-trimmed and made my first post a bit of a non sequitur.

Axminster make and sell reducing bushes:

You can buy 5/8" sawblades with any teeth you like for 10" and upward blades. If you want smaller or cheaper ones, it's now usual for blades to all be 30mm, and you're expected to use a reducer.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thanks Andy,but if you read y post it says I need a 16mm step-up adaptor rather than a reducer as the bore is 16mm. ;-)

Never mind I'll buy two 184x16x 40 tooth blades.

Reply to
George

Doh! dunks head in cold water. ;-P

Reply to