Christmas present suggestions?

Ta!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

I bought myself one of those "led lenser" keyring torches. The light is from a white LED, and the torch itself is made of good-and-thick aluminium. With 100hours battery life this wee torch is ideal for the keyring and has been quite useful since when I bought it.
Another idea for the right-handed DIYer: a right-handed tape measure.
Mungo :-)

I've got a plastic one from CPC, cost about 3.50 and very useful to have a bit of light whenever I need it (including emergency use as a bike front light a couple of times).
Have you got one of those Maplin 30 (current special offer) non-contact laser-sighted IR thermometers? It's a real boy's toy so should fit SWMBO's criteria, and if you have male sprogs like mine your cool rating will increase inestimably. You'll find it's suddenly essential to measure the temperatures of all sorts of things from central heating pipes to the top hose on the motor, not to mention the cat, the dog, the sprogs, the kettle, hot water bottle, the beers in the fridge ..... :-)
Just remember to let it stabilise before measuring the temperature of those solid rocket booster O-rings ;-)