Where are you?

Reply to
geoff

Must be time to wheel this out again;

Huge

Preston, Lancashire.

Reply to
Pete Zahut

A decorator fiend of mine hired one to paint the ceiling in the foyer of a big office block.

He neglected to put the stays out.

It tipped over trapping him in the "bucket" on account of his ample girth and all the acid ran out of the batteries and took the finish off the marble floor.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

> You wouldn't want to use it outside if it's really windy, but it got

I think I'd rather use one of the scissor lifts they show. the Christmas light in our High Street were put up with a scissor lift this year. It looked very stable and, although it arrived on a trailer, it could move around the work area under its own power.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Pete Zahut" saying something like:

And Joe Numpty causes a fatality? [1] Do you really fancy being sued into the ground and losing your house for the legal bills and compensation? I'd suggest, do the course, or if it costs a lot, hire a bod with a ticket for the day. With the collapse of the construction industry, you'll find someone fairly easily to do a day for cash. The hire centre will likely put you in touch with someone suitable.

[1] As an example: Years ago, I did a fork truck training course (as part of my job, fixing the damn things) and it surprised me how much I didn't know. It's dead easy to kill some poor sap with a fork truck, imagine how easy it might be with a cherry picker.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Derek Geldard writes

All cherry pickers I have used would not operate if the stays were not out correctly. There should be interlocks on them. I wonder if he really did forget or if they were bypassed or faulty? What did HSE have to say about it?

I can sympathise with the Marble floor, some years ago I drilled through the side of a lead acid battery in a bus and deposited copious amounts of acid on their nice new works shop concrete floor, it fizzed well!

Reply to
Bill