Cheap Hose Pipe

I bought a cheap (ish) hosepipe to replace a decent hoselock one that I had damaged.

I has the same sort of criss cross stranding in it - but when it is under pressure it really swells up. This means it jams in the reel and I stand no chance of reeling it away without de-pressurising it.

My question is - what is so different (to avoid me making the same mistake in the future) in this hose compared to others that don't swell? How can I tell by looking in the shop?

Reply to
John

Have you tried completely unreeling it and then reeling it up pressurised? All hoses will swell to a greater or lesser degree and if you reel it up unpressurised, you're asking for a split reel or hose jamming problem when you turn the tap on.

As to "How can I tell by looking in the shop?", the short answer is probably "by looking at the price tag". ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie