CH draining question

Hi,

Possibly a daft question but I tend to worry about things... especially MY things!

I need to do a fair bit of work on our CH system over the next week or so. Is it ok to drain it and leave it drained for a couple of weeks while I do the work? I can't see why not but I wondered if the pipes were full of air for that time if they'd oxidise or if it would cause any odd problems.

Told u it was daft!

Jeremy.

Reply to
Jeremy M. Harmer

That won't be a problem. If you are going to do a fair bit of work, why not take the opportunity to take the radiators off and outside and give them a good flush with a pressure washer.

Do remember to turn off the electrical supply (pull the fuse is a good idea) to the boiler, pump etc. You don't want anything to start without water in the system. Then you would have problems.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall