CH draining question

Hi,
Possibly a daft question but I tend to worry about things... especially MY things!
I need to do a fair bit of work on our CH system over the next week or so. Is it ok to drain it and leave it drained for a couple of weeks while I do the work? I can't see why not but I wondered if the pipes were full of air for that time if they'd oxidise or if it would cause any odd problems.
Told u it was daft!
Jeremy.
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 16:05:48 +0000 (UTC), "Jeremy M. Harmer"

That won't be a problem. If you are going to do a fair bit of work, why not take the opportunity to take the radiators off and outside and give them a good flush with a pressure washer.
Do remember to turn off the electrical supply (pull the fuse is a good idea) to the boiler, pump etc. You don't want anything to start without water in the system. Then you would have problems.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl