CH drain point

Not sure what you call that thing that you attach a hose to at the end of a ch run. Anyway, mine is weeping ever so slightly. After 20 odd years I don't want to put a spanner on it just in case (pessimistic I know), but I was wondering if there was some sort of rubber bung I could stick in there Yes, I'll drain the system some time and do it properly -:)

Reply to
stuart noble

It happens that stuart noble formulated :

It would need to be a tight fit.

Easier might be a short bit of hose to fit, then block the end of that

- bit of dowel with a Jubilee clip. Yours might be different, but garden hose is not a good fit on our drain points.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

You're right. Easier to put something over it than inside it. For now it's a piece of old HD hose (off a compressor I think) with a couple of

12mm rubber buffers, but I'll look for some dowel later. Many thanks.
Reply to
stuart noble