Central heating inhibitor recommendation

I need to add inhibitor to a central heating system that's been drained. Any Toolstation or Screwfix products that are worth consideration?

I've only ever used it in an unpressurised system by pouring it into the header tank so how do I add it to a pressurised system?

Is there a towel rad in the house? If so empty the inhibitor into the empty towel rad.

Reply to
ARW

And if no towel rad then

Although I made my own up with a 3/4" male coupling and a bit of hose pipe. You can still funnel the inhibitor into a normal rad as long as it is empty.

Reply to
ARW

+1 and the inhibitor I use is Sentinel X100.
Reply to
gremlin_95

All depends on which metals are present. If you have aluminium, (boiler) you need a more expensive one.

Some you can get in a cartidge which fits in a silcon cartridge thing & you inject into the bleed hole of a radiator. (You will heve to let some water out first)

Reply to
harryagain

gremlin_95 wrote in news:l9hc49$9k$1@dont- email.me:

. ...assuming the radiator has a removable top bung

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Thanks for the responses: appreciated.

1l of Sentinel X100 and a funnel ready and waiting until an additional radiator is delivered and I get a round tuit...