Central heating: gas won't light

My Ideal Classic NF260 boiler has stopped lighting. I hear a couple of clicks when I turn it on, which suggest (to me) it is trying to light, but the flame does not come on.

Do I need to call in an expert (very expensive here), or is there anything I can try?

Any suggestions or advice very gratefully received ...

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Obtain/retreive the instructions. Follow the fault finding guide. Obtain expert help if you can't make out what's what.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I don't have any instructions, and couldn't find any on the net. Nor could I locate a "fault finding guide". Do you know where I can find one?

I looked through the various diy FAQs, but didn't find anything relevant.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

I've not yet got enough round tuits to write the generalized boiler fault finding guide.

A service manual (which probably includes the fault finding guide) is obtainable for free from the maunfactuers.

Reply to
Ed Sirett