Central Heating flushing.

BTDTGTTS and happy to pay HP so I don't have to go through the B&W Minstrell Show syndrome ever again

Mam-mee ! How I love ya. How I love ya. Come and clean me up. :-((

Hint : some of their cartridges come in 2 sizes, Jumbo and Dinky.

The Jumbo ones are much more economical

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

.. .. .. >Is a power flusher necessary or is it ok to take the radiator off and .. >just squirt a hose through it. .. >

.. >

.. >> Once clean, of course you'll add some decent inhibitor from one of the .. >> two manufacturers mentioned above and not the Aldi special one, won't .. >> you :-) .. >> .. >>

Hose pipe is fine. When I drained individual radiators clear water came out. When flushed the rads out in the garden with hose pipe, out came black gloop .... yuk

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

That's the patented method. A pressure washer is better if you have one.

While the radiator is removed, flush some water out of each valve. This should carry out crud that's in the pipes as well, although this works better if you have mains water pressure to do it. That's easy with a sealed system but can be rigged up with an open vented one as well.

Reply to
Andy Hall