cement mixers - help choosing needed!

hi have decided to take the plunge n buy a cement mixer as spot mixin

getting too like hard work at years go on... anyway can someone advis me on what sort/one to buy as they all look the same! mainly a sickl yellow colour! :-) thank

-- ceg

Reply to
ceg

Belle

manatbandq

Get one that looks like this, not the Wickes type:

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Odd advice, since that is *exactly* as wickes sell..

Reply to
Paul Andrews

Only ones I have ever used are the Belle Minimix 150 (or similar) as shown in another post in the thread. Never let me down yet. These are a bit more expensive than the cheapest ones at around £280, but they are the ones many hire shops use.

You could hire one for about 12 weeks at that price! For casual use rental might be more cost effective.

HTH,

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

That's what I thought...

Reply to
AlexW

While we're on the subject, I'll mention my "free to good home" mixer. It's a 4 year old electric mixer, a bit grubby but in good working order. We're done with building for now, so it's no longer needed. Anyone want it? You'd need to collect from mid Devon.

Reply to
Grunff

What a deal. Shame I'm in the north west :-(

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

Twas I that mentioned Belle.

I only had time to use one at weekends, often depending on the weather. Just the hassle of collecting/returning the thing every weekend made me think it was easier to buy one and then sell it on when finished. Beware! It's now 18 months later and SWMBO is still coming up with jobs I can do "now you've got that cement mixer".

There are usually quite a few on ebay.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I only rent or borrow, the rental ones can be quite bunged up with hardened mix. The borrowed one is kept spotlessly clean and performs a lot better (no scraping required to get it all mixed up and out easily, easier cleaning too).

For that reason I might be inclined to buy new rather than 2nd hand. But if its for occasional use it might not be a big deal.

Careful and thorough cleaning is the key to it all I think.

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

Sorry, last time I looked it was one of the types with a side-mounted motor and a direct drive gear to the base of the drum.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

I sent months trawling Ebay for one, they mostly fetch silly money or are knackered or too far away.

Found one locally eventually off Ebay, Belle Mini Mix 150 with stand, not new, paint flaking off a few areas but never actually used £150.00. :-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.