cavity wall - mortar beds have to be level ?

When you build a cavity wall, bricks outside, concrete blocks inside, do the mortar beds in the two leaf have to line up, e.g. with 2 bricks to one block. Or is it OK for them not to, and the wall ties be at an angle ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Just watched my builders do this, bending wall ties to suit, my bricks are imperial and blocks are metric so they are not going to match anyway in my case

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

If the wall ties slope, wouldn't they encourage moisture to transfer from one wall to the other?

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Make sure they slope outwards.

Reply to
<me9

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:06:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@email.com (s--p--o--n--i--x) scrawled:

As long as they are sloping towards the outside then all is OK.

Reply to
Lurch

They need to be similar, not exact, else you will have problems. an inclch out is OK. This information is based entirley on building walls for my own house, and learning from the screw ups.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

The ties have "drips", as long as the drips are the lowest points, then you shoule be ok. The ties I used have drips every 7mm or so, some have one single drip, which may need more care.

Rick

Reply to
Rick