Cavity wall insulation

Hi,

We've just had a quote of £190 to add cavity wall insulation to a 4 bed house. Is it worth having it done? What I mean is will we be able to feel a difference (or see a difference in our fuel bills) or is it just another one of these things that's just not really worth doing but the general public have been convinced is.

What I am hoping it will do is make the house cool down more slowly when the heating goes off - at the minute the house gets freezing cold within an hour.

Thanks, Graham

Reply to
doozer

Get it done. It is well worth it. As energy prices rise you benefits greatly. It also keep the house cool in summer too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:12:28 +0000 someone who may be doozer wrote this:-

Is it not possible to use a search engine and find one of the many threads on the subject?

Reply to
David Hansen

Cavity wall insulation may be the best investment you ever made. It was for us.

But my comment on £190 is that it is far too cheap. Makes me wonder what you will be getting

Reply to
EricP

If I did that what would you have to complain about.

Do you really have nothing better to do with your life than complain about duplicate questions?

Reply to
doozer

Apparently rock wool will be blown in. The reason it is so cheap is the local council (Southampton) are currently offering a 50% subsidy to most properties. If you are on any benifits it can even be more. AIUI there are plenty of councils now offering discounts and I believe British Gas do occasionally as well.

Graham

Reply to
doozer

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:20:12 +0000 someone who may be doozer wrote this:-

I have plenty of better things to do. A little friendly advice appears to have upset you slightly. Your loss, not mine.

Reply to
David Hansen

On that basis then, my only comment would be that you are unlikely to regret having it done. If it was like mine, a CH system that was always on, will go immrdiately to one that is rarely used unless the ambient temperature drops to zero.

Reply to
EricP