carpet grips

My fitter said to use "no more nails" but didn't go into details about whether he left it a few days to set and I forgot to ask. This group advised me to glue three days before the fitter's visit, which is what I did.

I think one small section may have come loose in one corner; perhaps the floor was dusty and the glue could not take hold? The rest seems to be fine, touch wood.

I hadn't thought about melt glue guns. Is the glue that strong?

By epoxy what do you mean: Araldite?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

Apparently yes as the glue gun is his preferred method. The epoxy is araldite-like but in big tins (AFAICR). The floor does need keying first for either. To his way of thinking you get more jobs done if you do them in one visit, hence more money per week, the glue gun cost him £200 but paid for itself very quickly.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

I agree with his logic about only making one visit and earning more money. I'm unsure what glue gun you are talking about, at first I thought it was something like Screwfix code 77300 but that's 17 GBP not £200!

Reply to
Stephen

Well, I would imagine something like these, that might last!

Bob Mannix