Cardale Garage Door Lock out

Is there anybody out there that can help me?

I have locked myself out of my garage, I believe with the key inside. It's a cardale with locking pins either side of the door, and possibly at the top, from other threads I have read. I would like to get in, causing as little damage as possible, in case the key is inside. Is there any way of achieving this, or will I need a locksmith and new lock?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sutherland

Andy it is possible you will need two coat hangers and a large screw driver,and two people also if possible go and look at the setup of another garage in your area.You should be able to work it out from there.Force the top lock and hold it open with a wedge,then with one person either side and a hook in your coat hanger insert in side of door just below lock and attempt to hook the wire then pull down and you will be in. the place you are trying to hook is approx 5 inches from the door side and level with the centre of the lock.

Have done this myself for a customer and it took less than 2 mins,admittedly we practised on a showroom door first

Reply to
Alex