can you identify an Old thermos Flask

I've just smashed the glass in a very old , very large thermos flask. I would like to get a refill. but they are no longer made. However I've found a refill that looks the part but I cant be sure.

Unfortunate I cant identify the flask as most of the label has worn off so I'm hopping some kind sole might be able to recognize it from a description.

The flask body is black painted aluminum 14.5 inches high by 7.5 inches diameter. the lid is secured by snap down latches. there is a is a knurled screw in the the center of the lid which is used to vent the flask

Inside the flask there are 3 aluminum containers just under 6" in diameter and 3.5 inches deep with lids and fasteners which have been used for different coarse's of a meal or items that needed to be kept separate.

Chris

Reply to
christopher

I don't know but these might:

mark

A picture would help!

I doubt though that you'll find anything that fits and I think ebay is your best bet if you're looking to replace it with one similar.

Tim Downie

It is almost certainly made by Aladdin or Thermos and dates from the

1970's. They were used by the armed forces as food carriers. Ebay item 120392029830 is a similar but probably later item.

The original glass liners were not really up to military service and not many survived.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Tried will call back

thank you

Reply to
christopher

I had one until recently you could have had! Bummer.

They appear on Ebay from time to time

Reply to
Bob Mannix