Can anybody recognise this plumbing item. I think it may be a de-aerator

Matt, most people don't know that you need to redose, hence descaling and powerflushing is big business.

Matt, again..."If the system is not re-dosed, and 95% are not, then the Magnaclean prevents blockages". Got it?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No and neither have you.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, again..."If the system is not re-dosed, and 95% are not, then the Magnaclean prevents blockages". Got it?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The same ignorance that would cause people not to replenish their inhibitor will predicate against the use of an expensive alternative.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

If it is fitted on a boiler change or new installation then it is there, even when the house changes hands and the new owners are ignorant of inhibitor. How any service engineers replace inhibitor? How many bother to check if it has been replaced?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Given that in reality inhibitor should last many years despite what it recommends on labels, the statistics you quote bear little resemblance to reality.

I think many would agree in principle that inhibitor is often overlooked, nevertheless inhibitor is only lost through leaks or work which required draining where it wasn't replaced through negligence. I cannot believe that only 5% of systems have sufficient inhibitor to prevent corrosion.

Reply to
Fred

I haven't quoted ant stats.

As you seen to think inhibitor has an amazing life expectancy, can you put a time of its usefulness before it requires replacing? 10 years, 20 years, 30 years? And will you back this up please.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes you have. You said that 95% are not. Where is your source for this statistic?

Reply to
Andy Hall

IME probably 20% have inhibitor (i.e I can detect it by the look and smell when I drain down).

I'd about 10-20% of systems have dire faults and serious corrosion, usually brought about by wrong pipework or a failed expansion vessel.

That leaves a large number which have neither faults nor inhibitor, generally these don't seem to come to a lot of harm unless electrolytic corrosion begins.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Me. I know these things.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh I see.

I think you are confusing knowing and being known.

It's a similar concept to "some men are discovered, others are found out".

You might be confusing all of this with the conversation that you had with Frau Farbissina.

Next time the magnawotsit rep comes in tell him that you're going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death.

See whether he's willing to swap the Crackerjack pencil that he's currently offering for a puffy anorak.

Realistically, on current sales volumes, even with bogus ststistics, the marketing budget is not going to run to that holiday in Eyebyeza that you so badly want.

You could try sticking out for the iPod Nano, but that is probably push and go.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's better

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They say 82% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Reply to
Fred

They don't. You made that up.

Reply to