Busted jigsaw motor - fixable?

For an expensive jigsaw, you can actually buy an armature for significantly less than the price of the whole tool? Isn't it the most expensive part?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Why can't I disconnect the shorted coil?

The reason is it's shit. The motor can't have had adequate cooling. I = was using it to cut wood, without pushing it hard, for about 10 minutes,= with a 50% duty cycle.

-- =

A farmer in Yorkshire sees a bloke drinking from his stream and shouts, = =E2=80=9CEy up cocker, tha dunt wanna be drinkin watta frum theer, its f= ull o hoss piss an cow s**te an it could kill thee.=E2=80=9D The Bloke says, "Sir I am a muslim from Pakistan, can you be speaking cl= earer and slower please.=E2=80=9D The farmer replies, "If.... You.... Use.... Two.... Hands.... You.... Wo= n't.... Spill.... Any."

Reply to
Mr Macaw

You can usually get armatures - they are one of the more expensive bits, although with jigsaws the gearbox may cost more.

e.g. for:

A new armature is £40:

(see item 62)

Depending on model it might be more or less.

I bought a new armature for my SDS a while back, that was £26 inc delivery - certainly better than £100 for a new drill.

John Rumm

Couldn't I short a winding 180 degrees round from the already shorted one?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Really? Bought some plastic parts for my Bosch jigsaw when the blade locking mechanism failed. I thought the price silly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Funny, that's exactly the part that failed on my Bosch, hence I bought a cheap shit one next. I couldn't get a spare.

Reply to
Mr Macaw