Burning books

What recent Sally Ann scandal ?

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred

Set the Mechanical Hound on him.

Reply to
Skipweasel

I've a Clive Cussler somewhere you can throw on the pile, too. Possibly the most regretted book purchase I've ever made. Still - at least I know not to do it again.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Freecycle.

Reply to
Mark

You've never read any Dan Brown? I only paid 5p for The Da Vinci Code but I regretted that. Still, I suppose Emmaus got that, rather than DB.

Reply to
Huge

I skipped TDVC as it's clearly complete tosh but found a few of his others in a charity shop. They were equally bad, unfortunately. It makes you wonder what is going on in the minds of those people who seem to think there's any truth in TDVC. probably the same people who believe in the Bible Code.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Oh Dan Brown is the sort of book you buy, read and pass on..to deal with a really dull railway journey or beach holiday.

Its marginally better than staring out of the window.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Only if the view is rather dull.

Reply to
Huge

Only at night.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

TBH it is one of my favourite films. I asked the girlfriend for a DVD copy for my birthday. I actually ended up with a DVD of Fahrenheit 9/11.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No: I generally prefer to make my own mistakes, but I make exceptions.

Reply to
Skipweasel

I asked the wife for tickets to see The Enid for my birthday yesterday. And that's just what I got and jolly good it was, too.

Reply to
Skipweasel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Man at B&Q" saying something like:

It's the kind of book you find in a boarding house bedside drawer and if it's deadly dull elsewhere, you might start reading it, just as chewing gum for the eyes. I was sent a copy as a pressie some years ago and never opened it. Honestly, the person who sent it should have known better.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I heard about in on Radio 4 but this link is to the Daily Mail so proceed at own risk:

mike

They're still going?!

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Yup - bloody great gig coming up in B'ham in October but plenty of small ones across the country before that.

Skipweasel

The Rolling English Slow Train?

Reply to
Skipweasel

Full of rolling English drunkards, of course.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

Blocks of paper don't burn much alone, but they all burn if you use them as a surrounding ring, fillied with better fuel.

NT

Reply to
Tabby