Brown-outs cause boiler fault

This is something that I've suspected for a while but until last night had no proof. The boiler is a Potterton Suprima. Occasionally you can hear the pump running at odd times of day. Checking the boiler shows the red light flashing. Pressing reset puts it all back to normal.

As I'm in a rural location with an overhead electricity supply we get occasional brown-outs, the computers used to lockup but this has now been fixed by the use of surge protected extension leads.

I was standing near where the pump is located last night at the start of a thunderstorm. The pump started within a fraction of a second of the lightning.

Is there some sort of suppressor that I can put in the supply to the boiler to prevent this?

MTIA

Reply to
Paul Herber

Hah. At least you didn't have to utterly reprogram your controller..mine would only respond to the equivalent of Ctrl-Alt-Del last time.

You MIGHT try a simple RFI filter - you can get them from maplins etc I am sure..but most electronics goes haywire anywhere near a high field strength pulse. And the filters are not much guarantee that they won't.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher