Brick work to surround wood burning stove

Hi there,

I have just taken out an old fireplace and I am going to replace i with a wood burning stove with a vertical outlet into the chimney. have to replace a fair bit of the brick work before rendering particularly since I can now see into the neighbouring property! can't decide what sort of brick work to use within the fireplace t surround the stove. I really want to reflect as much heat back int the room, particularly due to the narrow divide between my fireplac and the neighbours one. Is it worth using firebricks to reflect mor heat back into the room or perhaps some insulation behind some norma clay bricks would be a better idea?

Any suggestions much appreciated..

-- James

Reply to
James

I used plaster board over the brickwork for insulation and make a flat surface. Then tiled over the plaster board with a grey colouring added to the grout. That was 5 years ago and the fire in the winter is great, it gets to the point where you open a window to cool the room down when there's snow outside. On a more serious note you should ensure that there is sufficient air gap between the stove and the fire place to stop heat build up in the brick work. There is usually a minimum gap that comes with the stove installation instructions.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Dodds

I've looked at a number of woodburning stove sites without much success. The best link that I've found is

I haven't found a precise answer to my question yet ...

Reply to
James

There are quite a number of web sites for wood burning stoves (which I came across looking for chimney liners, and other flue components for my oil boiler). Why don't you ask them for advice.

Reply to
Michael Chare