Braun toothbrush chargers

It was pretty irritating to discover this just before my last trip to the USA. If I'd noticed in advance, I probably would've bought a different brand (or model).

Anyway, ours is currently plugged into a bathroom dual-voltage shaver socket --- what is the worst that could happen if I accidentally plugged it into the 120 V pair of holes instead of the 240 V pair?

Reply to
Adam Funk

Sorry, 'avn't got a Danny La Rue 'guv.

But do please report back if you try the experiment as I'm a great believer in the Baconian method - though FTAOD not to the point where I'm willing to pay for your replacement charger :)

Reply to
Robin

OT - but WHY are they still making shaver sockets with 110V outputs, except maybe for hotels?

It's insane. And yet noone have ever thought to make a dual 230V outlet one which would be very handy with the proliferations of devices.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I hadn't thought about it. I guess it's not much more expensive to manufacture that way (two extra sets of contacts & one extra tap from the transformer?), & the cost of manufacturing, selling, & distributing two different kinds would outweight it.

I'm sure you can DIY something up. ;-)

Reply to
Adam Funk

People who have visitors from the USA etc? Bearing in mind also the growth of Airbnb and the like?

Reply to
Robin