Braun Toothbrush - Rechargeable

I know how to get inside the body and wondered if anyone has any experience or views on changing the battery. Mine is getting a bit sluggish and I was thinking a new battery might be of benefit.

Reply to
John

I've changed the battery in mine. Works a treat. Get a tagged AA cell (someone here recommended BatteriesPlus;

and solder it in.

Reply to
Huge

Tho' batteries can be removed for recycling/waste purposes,some of these devices seemed designed to "self destruct" when removing batteries ie cables break off etc.

Though I am often aggrieved from the green or enviromental point of view at how difficult they are to repair or replace the batteries; on cost grounds it is hardly worth it. Robert

Reply to
robert

I tried that once...and wouldn't try again. Especially with the Boots sale on

Vortex

By following the instructions to poke it onto the "stub" underneath the charger base and twist hard? IIRC that *does* open it, but does so by cracking the case open and ripping the wires off the battery ready for disposal, it's not really designed for replacement.

Reply to
Andy Burns

They can be opened and reassembled without destroying them. Just take care not to break the charger coil wires.

I guess I will buy a new one in the sales as I suppose the motor brushes are designed to last the life of a battery. However, I just thought someone would persuade me otherwise.

The green issue is a good one. Obsolescence is not green. Giving instructions on how to put things in a recycling bin is merely a sop.

Reply to
John

"John" typed

Agreed. I wrote my post from bitter experience...

I was infuriated when my first Braun toothbrush (bought at my dentist's recommendation) died. It was unswitchably, unserviceably DEAD.

I still wonder if the dentists gets some sort of bribe to recommend them.

Oral B is part of Gillette and we all know about their razors...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

so is Duracell, and they don't exactly push their rechargeable cells over alkalines, but actually they're all part of Procter & Gable now.

Reply to
Andy Burns