Bosch Dishwasher won't empty

Model is fd7910, about 7 years old.

It makes a noise like the pump is working, but nothing comes out.

We have taken out everything we can according to the manual, and cleaned it all out, but still no luck.

As far as I can tell the hose is not blocked - I can't see how to detach it from the machine to check the outlet.

I can't see how the machine comes apart. I have undone the few screws I can find but can't get the back or sides off.

Help.

-- Chris Melluish

Reply to
Chris Melluish

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:12:02 +0100, "Chris Melluish" mused:

Depending which dishwasher it is it's not as easy as just whipping the back off.

You probably want to take the left hand panel off and check for blockages there.

Reply to
Lurch

The Bosch dishwashers I've worked on were dismantled thus:

On the rear of the lid are two nylon clips that must be pushed into the dishwasher chassis - the lid can then be slid backwards and removed. This allows the side panel to be removed ( usually held in place with two star-headed bolts ).

The left side of the machine ( as you face the front ) houses the water matrix - a complicated intestinal affair of tubes and gadgets that controls the flow of water in and out of the machine. Remove any securing bars and lift the unit up and out - you'll need to release the hose clips on a few tubes, and be careful not to dislodge and lose any of the O-rings for the other tubes.

At the lower right of the machine you'll see a complicated valve system - this is held in place by nylon clips and can be rather fiddly to remove. Once free from the machine, remove the switch connectors ( taking note of position and aspect ) and the waste hose clip.

The valve unit can and should be completely dismantled for cleaning - chances are it'll be full of icky grey goo, as will a section of the water matrix. Remove the switches first!

The valve unit is easy enough to clean...hot suds and brush will do, and the same for the waste hose. The matrix is trickier to clean, but I've had good results by pouring a quantity of bleach down the gunged pipes followed by just-boiled water. Give the matrix a bit of a shake and leave to stand for an hour or so. Drain and repeat, and instead of leaving it to stand give it a good shake. If you can squirt any water down the tubes at mains pressure you might find this will speed things up. Repeat as necessary. Another trick is to poke some thin tube down the matrix and blow bubbles in the water...this helps to free up some of the sludge. Don't suck!

It's a messy old job, and liable to cover the floor with foul-smelling water...so it's all the better if you can drag the machine outdoors.

Before reassembly, ensure you drain the bottom of the chassis - it'll be full of stinky water. Tilt the machine to each corner to drain, then chuck a cupful of diluted bleach in and repeat.

Hope that both applies and helps.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Many thanks.

I have managed to get it apart.

Whether I will ever clean out the gunge is another matter.

-- Chris Melluish

Reply to
Chris Melluish