Boost mains water pressure?

I have a 25mm blue plastic pipe from the mains, but the water pressur

is very poor. I was thinking of installing a break tank and booste pump

.The idea then is that I could replace my Worcester 24i combi with Ferroli, Worcester, Glow Worm or Baxi condenser (as these have flo rates at 35 C of between 14-16 l/min) - advice on bolier choice woul also be helpful!

Hopefully I could then run a bath in less than 15 minutes, have a mixe shower with decent pressure in the winter, have enough pressure for greenhouse auto watering thingy and also water the garden with sprinkler that covers a reasonable area... although not all at the sam time!!

Does anyone have any experience of these booster pumps? Are they al they're cracked up to be? Are these boilers up to the job of giving m a decent shower? The water board are coming out to investigate, but fear there is nothing they can do?

Thanks

Ala

-- Fuoleum

Reply to
Fuoleum

pressure

would

Presumably you cannot get a greater flow out of this beast on average than can flow into it's header tank using your existing mains pressure at ground level, so your only advantage is if you need to raise the water to some height that the mains pressure isn't enough for. With the header tank and (one assumes) float valve in the way the pump cannot 'suck' from the main.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Hi,

Well worth finding out what the maximum/minimum 'open flow' there is at the mains inlet, and that it's not impeded by the stopcock in any way.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

average than can flow into it's header tank using your existing mains pressure

Reply to
Magician

Reply to
Doctor Evil