Bollocks

I have very nice (an quite new) Bosch cordless drill, charger and case.

One of the 2mm HSS drill bits I had left in the case made it's way into the charger via the ventilation grills.

It went with a bang when I plugged it in today.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You live, and hopefully, learn Adam.

Reply to
Moonraker

Yep. One of those things, and life is and will always be a learning curve.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

At least with a bang, chances are good that something's obviously failed when you look inside, and it's an easy fix - I prefer those kinds of faults to "it just suddenly stopped working"...

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Your sang-froid is admirable. I'd have assumed a charger designed for construction sites would have better IP than that. So I've learnt and will be bloody careful when I get around to replacing my ancient Hitachi. (So ancient its charger doesn't seem to bother with ventilation).

Of course if it is still in warranty.....After all, if they knock it back as having been misused you could always say it must have have been one of the apprentices ;)

Reply to
Robin

Not after the soldering modification I had carried out to see if it was just the fuse on the chargers PCB that had blown:-)

When I plugged it back in it took put hotel rooms 501 to 508.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It went bang twice:-) See my other posts.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Not quite. It starts like that, then it turns into a forgetting curve. :-(

Reply to
Gib Bogle