Boiler spares

Hi,

My saunier duval sd620 has a sticking circulation pump and I'm trying to find a reasonably priced replacement. But all the places I've tried seem very expensive (about 140+vat). Any recommendations would be great.

Cheers,

Will

Reply to
wjunkthismathias

This is presumably a system boiler with a proprietary pump mounted inside the casing? Would it be possible to abandon this pump, and fit a cheaper generic pump in the external pipework?

Reply to
Set Square

If it's like mine (a gloworm complheat - I think the same manufacturer in another guise) it is a bog standard grundfoss one - probably 30-50gbp in the sheds.

Reply to
<me9

IIRC the volute is special but the motor head and impellor are standard Wilo. (My memory may not be accurate about the Wilo make)

Reply to
John

Several points. Have you tried a few online suppliers? The cheaper the boiler the more expensive the spare; this seems counter intuitive, but I find it to be true.

Often the motor head of the pump is a standard unit from Grundfoss or Wilo or whoever.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Talking of which, I saw the abcot

flyer that came with a recent GI mag and was surprised (pleasantly :-) by the prices. Do you know of any other reasonably-priced suppliers, either online or phone/paper catalogue? I had a quick look at what google turns up but haven't immediately spotted anything particularly useful (sites which take you to a mailto: for prices rate in my scale of usefulness alongsite chocolate teapots :-)

Reply to
john.stumbles

SAUNIER DUVAL

RECOMMENDATION.........REPLACE WHOLE BOILER...

-- gastec

Reply to
gastec