Boiler pilot light purging?

ote:

I have both. Do you know how much it would cost to fit two 3TB SSDs?

-- =

I used to eat nothing but natural foods. Then I found one of the leading reasons for death was natural causes, so= . . .

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Yes, a lotta dosh. Mine are nowhere near that size.

Reply to
Bod

You have a little di(s)k?

-- =

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Or maybe I did it ... That bloody update would not allow me on the web, deleted Quotefix and fragmented the h/d. System restore has not worked for years on this computer, however there is a option to fix it in Superantispyware. I'd clicked on it ages ago but never tried it. It worked and put me back on the web. Handy to know is that.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I get the feeling you don't really know what you're doing.

-- =

"A life without danger is a life not worth living" -- Moist von Lipwig

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Mostly 240GB ones. I have several external 3.0 external mechanical drives for saving photos. I'm slowly replacing those with SSDs though.

Reply to
Bod

Furry muff.

Reply to
Bod

e:

I've always bought around the biggest disks you can get.

-- =

A man was sunbathing naked at the beach. For the sake of decency and civility, and to keep it from getting sunbur= nt, he had a hat over his private parts. A woman walks past and says, snickering, "If you were a gentleman you'd = lift your hat." He raised an eyebrow and replied, "If you were better looking it would l= ift itself."

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

e:

ote:

Wrong kind of disk.

-- =

The evening news is where they begin with "Good evening", and then proce= ed to tell you why it isn't.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

System restore is notorious for just not working. As I did not access to the web I would have had to enable IE and re-download Firefox. This may or may not have got me back on the web. A quick system restore got me on the web. So, it looks like I knew what I was doing. What would you have done, Mr Hucker?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I don't use antiques. And I've never f***ed a machine enough to have to= use system restore. Or needed to use it on anyone else's either.

-- =

If you want a stable relationship....buy a horse.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I've always turned system restore off. I've used it as a quick fix sometimes on other peoples computers though.

Reply to
Bod

I prefer to fix the problem than to simply undo it and god knows what el= se.

-- =

"You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me."

- U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265
[134 lines snipped]

Along with your delete key, apparently.

Reply to
Huge

Good point, but your delete key is on steroids.

Reply to
Bod

Just the usual thrashing around with stuff that couldn?t possibly be the reason you couldn?t use the web.

Reply to
78lp

You have been detected as Rod Speed.

-- =

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

-- Billy Wilson, Tough Guy,

Tough Guy no. 1265

You clearly didn?t when you deleted Quotefix and fragmented the h/d. Neither of those could possibly have been the reason you could no longer access the web after a firefox update.

Work out why the system restore wasn?t working when you tried it just after the Win install, fixed that so it does work. Used that after the firefox update meant that you couldn?t use the web.

Reply to
78lp

Really? My condensing boiler has cost a tiny fraction of that in the 7 or so years I've had it. And if yours costs that you've been conned.

Actually, an old boiler may well need more frequent servicing due to the poorer combustion anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's not my experience and of a few articles written by gas engineers.

Generally the older the boiler the simpler and less to go wrong. It is typical of not servicing an old boiler for 10 years or so.

For a newer one I can virtually guarantee a fault code within a few years, even if it is serviced.

Reply to
Fredxxx