Boiler Flue Position Legal ??

Just had new (condensing) boiler fitted - in different position to the old one (the position of the old boiler was breaking various regulations and behind a washing machine in a fitted kitchen - impossible to get at)

Below are two links showing the position of the flue relative to the kitchen window - I believe it has to be at a minimum of 300 mm ?

a rule indicating the distance (the in focus numbers are obviously inches)

- depending on where you define where the window "starts" - it looks like I am either passing or breaking the regulations ???

If it is breaking regulations can I (well - the plumber) just add a vertical flue extention ???

Thanks.

Reply to
phil

That looks to be about 300mm to the opening bit of the window (depends a bit on which part of the flue you have the other end of the level on)

Probably, but I don't think I would be getting that worried about it personally since it is to the side and above the window.

Reply to
John Rumm

Have you read the installation and service booklet that came with the boiler?

Reply to
John

Assuming that you are measuring to the outside of the air-duct then I call that OK, a minimum is a minimum and it complies. Almost certainly the minimum distance for this feature is 300mm to an opening. Though the install instructions are final word.

I'd put your efforts to making sure the benchmark form (either seperate bluish card or some pages) in the manual have been filled in.

Reply to
Ed Sirett