Boiler Controls - CH/DHW

Our (rudimentary) Central Heating controls are in the semi-attache

garage. I was rather hoping that there were some (non-IR - it wouldn' work through brick walls) remote or secondary control system options. I would rather they were wireless, since I do not want to have to dril any more holes. Any suggestions?

Beavi

-- BeavistheCat

Reply to
BeavistheCat

Well, as you don't give us any info regarding the make and model of your boiler it's very difficult to help. All I can say is that if you happen to have an Alpha boiler have a look at this site

Even if you haven't got an Alpha, you could see your boiler manufacturers website and see if they do anything similar.

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed.

You can buy various wireless-linked CH controls. I tend to go for the Honeywell CM67RFNG as it's relatively easy to use and flexible. Drayton is probably the market leader but I find them a PITA to set up and use. The CM67 is a programmable thermostat so it replaces both the room thermostat and the programmer/timer. Fit it in a room without additional heating (such as gas or open fire) and without TRVs on its rads (or disable or remove the TRVs).

Reply to
John Stumbles

Sorry, the boiler is a Ferroli Maxima 35 System boiler. Current contro is a Honeywell ST699. We are 100% on TRV's - internal house Thermosta is disabled, and not wired into the new kit. Basically we are lookin for a way to relocate the timer, with the addition of daily settings plus a quick way to advance to next settings (off or on).

Cheers, and thanks for the reply

-- BeavistheCat

Reply to
BeavistheCat

Thanks very much - I will seek one out.

Cheer

-- BeavistheCat

Reply to
BeavistheCat

You should be only 99% TRVs: leave one room without TRV control and have room thermostat (or programmable thermostat) there giving overall control of the system. This has been round this group sooooo many times: if you google groups uk.d-i-y for 'programmable thermostat' or 'thermostat and TRV' I'm sure you'll find past discussions.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Gosh - didn't realise that you had a 100 room mansion!

Reply to
Roger Mills

I was thinking that might work for Buck House but in this flat I'd be supposed to have 25% TRVs.

Owain

Reply to
Owain