cleaning CH heat exchanger

Does anyone know where i can get (or improvise!) a tool that will get between the fins of my CH heat exchanger to clean it without damaging it? I have used a stiff brush but it is simply not effective at getting deep enough between the narrow gaps.
TIA
CG

Stiff cable tiewraps.

I use a lollipop stick - you can buy bags of them in craft places. Still hard work but just the right size.
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:54:24 +0100 Cuprager wrote :

For my unlamented Potterton Envoy I used a short length of heavy grade nylon strapping.
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:54:24 +0100, Cuprager wrote:

BES

I struggled for damn ages. Then I discovered that the crap is water soluble, when I took the heat exhanger off, and washed it in a bucket of water.
On 27 Mar,

I've tried that on mine, but the green grunge had set rock hard and was extremely hard to shift. The worst bits were removed by scraping with the end of a hacksaw blade. It was worth trying, as the other option was 300 for a new heat exchanger. It hasn't got any worse since the treatment, but time will tell (it was over 10 years worth of corrosion to remove).
--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

On mine, the yellow gunge was completely water soluble. I wonder what the different composition is. Pressure washer?