Bloody dishwasher door jam!

Hi all The door of my integrated ariston dishwasher managed to jam close on xmas day, which was a complete pain in the butt! I have tried applying as much brute force to open it without wanting to completely wreck it. Has anyone any suggestions before I call out the service engineer (and the bloomin extended warrinty ran out a month ago!).
Many thanks
Dave

I had one that did this a few years ago. It was pretty old at the time. I managed to get it open with a crowbar.
Christian.

It may be a bit cutlery or something that's jammed in the hinge end of the door, so you might have to force the door open a bit to get a torch and have a look.
If it is this, then you get something long and thin enough to push inside and clear it.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

<Flame guard ON> Don't forget to EMPTY the jar before you put in next time... (i.e. consume the contents)

I'm sure they put a timer in most appliances nowadays that satisfies this requirement... Or is it just sods law???
<Flame guard OFF>