Bl***y mixer taps.

I'm not impressed with the "low pressure" one I fitted. I had to add a booster pump to get more than a trickle out of it.

Reply to
mike

It's funny, I had my wrist slapped for just that in one of those advanced groups where anoraks talk in Klingon.

IMO your posts (and mine) are much clearer than the (no doubt advanced) gibberish mostly posted there ;~)

Reply to
mike

Yup. They can cause strange noises, too.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

This is unbelievable. Richard Cranium here put the wrong taps in and cuts off a thread that should not be cut. Amazing....and blood on the tools too.

** snip babbling senility **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You mean kinked!!!

** snip babble **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Richard doesn't know what an aerator is. Sad isn't it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hmm, so you'd advocate reducing the flow rate even further as a solution?

It may be worth checking to see if the taps have wire mesh filters fitted into the assembly. Removing these if fitted will improve the flow rate.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are the answer to a maidens prayer mate.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

My kitchen mixer tap has always been slow on the hot water side, around 3 litres/min whereas my bathroom single hot tap (immediately above the kitchen & fed from the same supply) is around 6 litres/min.

Logic tells me it should be the other way around.

Does the presence of an aerator indicate a high pressure tap or would removing it help matters?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Only if you can't work pipe properly. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If it's a bath tap from a storage system it's likely fed with 22mm pipe.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Only if you are stuck in a 1970's time warp.

They are the way of the future, boldly going where no plumbing device has been before.....

Dave

Reply to
david lang

I used to, then got very badly burnt. By removing the attributions, I am reducing the chance of any subsequent legal action that might come from incorrectly attributing anyone. I know some people do not like it, but I'm not willing to risk it, particularly as I don't hide behind a net name.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

alexbartman

Reply to
alexbartman

For a start they restrict flow in a low pressure system. Second, you end up with more joints - never a good thing. Third, they cost more. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Someone took legal action against you over something written to a newsgroup? Do tell - broad outline only if need be.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Wouldn't think so, very little difference in bore size from copper.

I suppose so, but I've not had a problem.

True enough they cost more to buy, but what about labour costs?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Not the ones I've seen. The bore in the flexies has been about 8mm for nominally 15mm fittings.

Worse in some cases. I had to remove my flexies, as they buzzed and hammered badly under high pressure, so I had to do the job twice.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

However, a mixture of top-posting and bottom-posting from previous posters meant that I accidentally attributed something quite scandalous to the wrong person, who was somewhat upset. I'm afraid I can't go into further details.

Since then, rather than go through every single quote to make doubly sure that the previous posters got their attributions correct, I find it safer to just remove them, so I can't be accused of misquoting anyone.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle