Best stuff for sealing a small flat asphalt roof?

The flat roof on my extension has started leaking again. Can anyone recommend the best stuff for sealing it? I think last time, I used some black stuff - designed specifically for that job - in a can from B&Q. But is there anything more long-lasting that I can try?

Thank you

Don

Reply to
Don Rojo

A new roof! Not an entirely facetious comment. Conventional flat roofs are cheap to put up and there's nothing wrong with them, AS LONG AS you factor in replacement costs every 10-15years. If you don't they are a disaster. The fact that your roof is leaking *again* means it needs replacing.

In the meantime, you can get rolls of the sticky lead coloured tape (backed with bitumen) that you can patch the hole with. Choose a warmish dry day (sorry!) and roll the patch on hard with a wallpaper seam roller (well, that's what I have used). Can't remember the trade names but it should be easy to get hold of.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Hi,

Try a fibre reinforced polymerised/rubberised roofing compound. For tricky areas applying a few layers of hessian or fibreglass cloth and impregnating each one with the compound when laying should help.

If that fails consider getting it redone with EPDM.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C