best fibre cement board ?

What is the best fibre cement board around for general use, such as creating partition walls and tanking onto for shower cubicles ? I don't need it to be waterproof for direct tiling onto, although I suspect all these panels have the water-reistant property. I need it for the mass, i.e. better sound-proofing than plasterboard. (No, I can't use blocks - too heavy, or 2 sheets of plasterboard - often limited space). My top-of-the-head list is: aquapanel, versapanel, hardibacker. Any more generic board that would probably be cheaper ? Suppliers ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Not sure if there is much difference between them, both B&Q WH and Wickes sell it - from wickes (aquapanel I think) its something like £15 for a

1200x900mm sheet

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

I think Marley do one. (There was an article in the freebie Builders mag you get in merchants recently, banging on about how we should all be using fibre cement board for shower backing and quoting various British Standards about it. Oh and suprise surprise they happen to make the stuff too!)

I'd ring round the builders' merchants.

Reply to
John Stumbles