Best AA rechargables.

Oh, I think I know what you're referring to.

The axis says "AmpHours" and not "Hours" as I thought it did. My mistake. I'm asleep at the wheel. So that's where your 10 minutes is coming from. I go to the bottom of the class for that!

Reply to
pamela

I just realised I was misreading the units on the axis in reply to Andy.

Reply to
pamela

If I'm looking the same graph as you (originally I was looking at the table at the top with the almost invisible decimal point) I just read the 9.4 minutes from the legend.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I don't think I would have recognised what the M stood for, even if I wasn't skimming right past that data.

pamela

So far, impressed with some Lidl Cs and AAs. Best of the wide range of rechargeables I have are Contour AAs. These:

They do variations on the theme - it's the ready to use 2100mAh ones that I have, as per the link

Reply to
RJH

NiCd as opposed to NiMh can probably cope with the high current, but won't last very long of course (as in will need recharging).

Reply to
cl

Dave Plowman (News) scribbled

You might be interested in what 7 Day shop are offering

£1.40 each

Jonno

Bit more investigation showed the motor has a shorted turn or two on some of the armature windings. Very different resistance readings as it is edged round.

So basically scrap. Nothing to do with the batteries. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Plowman (News) scribbled

Now you know what you want for Xmas.

Reply to
Jonno

Wish they still made the identical one. It was just so right for me. The ones on the market these days are bigger - especially in diameter so not so nice to use.

Other good thing was returning it to its stand put it on charge. No need to fiddle with a plug or remove the battery pack. And a press to run switch you could use with the same hand as you hold it in - no silly 'safety' locks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What did you decide in the end about new cells for your Ryobi?

Reply to
pamela