BESA boxes

Hi all,

Got some of these lights:

?ts=21729&id=34196They don't use a rose, the base screws onto an upside-down metal U which is screwed into the ceiling.

I was reading Collins which mentioned BESA boxes. Do I need to use these with this light? The documentation never mentioned it afaics.

Antony

Reply to
antgel

?ts=21729&id=34196>

Looking at the picture of the fitting, it looks like it has plenty of space for the connections in the base, in which case no.

Other than BESA boxes I've fitted myself, I've never seen them used in the home. When the fitting doesn't have space for the connections, people usually hollow out a bit of wall or ceiling behind it to stuff the chocolate block connector in there. That's where a BESA box would be a better solution.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel