Belling oven not working

Hi, I have a Belling Country Chef range style oven (8 ring gas hob, electri c grill and one electric fan oven and one electric oven) The fan assisted oven started turning itself off when it started to get war m, now it won't turn on at all, the fan doesn't come on either. The other o ven and grill are fine, although the other oven is a bit rubbish anyway. Tried to get someone to fix but no one will touch it because it's dual fuel , they're not Corgi registered etc etc. I have changed the thermosat thinking that was the problem but still doing the same, although when cold it does come on for a bit. Thinking off replac ing the element but could it be something else? Is there a cut off that cou ld be faulty. Already cost me £75 for the thermostat. Any help greatly appreciated

Steve Isle of Wight

Reply to
Stephen.Williams39

From what you have described I suggest that the fan has failed (or was running slowly due to sticky bearings) which has then allowed the element to overheat and fail. If you have the model number try ransomspares.co.uk or espares.co.uk.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Bear in mind it is common for oven elements to be wired in series so test them first by measuing resistane as you might only need one of a pair.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk scribbled

Have you checked the timer isn't on/off whatever? The timer only works on the oven and it's the usual cause of ovens not working.

Reply to
Jonno

ric grill and one electric fan oven and one electric oven)

arm, now it won't turn on at all, the fan doesn't come on either. The other oven and grill are fine, although the other oven is a bit rubbish anyway.

el, they're not Corgi registered etc etc.

g the same, although when cold it does come on for a bit. Thinking off repl acing the element but could it be something else? Is there a cut off that c ould be faulty. Already cost me £75 for the thermostat.

you need a multimeter

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

ric grill and one electric fan oven and one electric oven)

arm, now it won't turn on at all, the fan doesn't come on either. The other oven and grill are fine, although the other oven is a bit rubbish anyway.

el, they're not Corgi registered etc etc.

g the same, although when cold it does come on for a bit. Thinking off repl acing the element but could it be something else? Is there a cut off that c ould be faulty. Already cost me £75 for the thermostat.

Sounds simple but have you checked the oven timer is correctly set?

Reply to
harry

Ovens often have a failsafe thermal limit switch which will disconnect power to the oven if it excedes the threshold temperature. These do fail. They are however easy to test.

Some examples here

You do need to replace a faulty one with another of the correct temperature rating as where they are in the oven means different temperature limits are used.

Reply to
Peter Parry