bed - trampoline variety - do they still exist?

I'd like to get one of those aluminium framed beds but with a spring base. By that I mean the kind that has a "trampoline" type thing streched in the frame. All the ones I can find have just wooden slats slung across the side panels. It's to help with back problems and the matress alone isn't helping. If anyone knows of a supplier I would really appreciate a link. tvm

Reply to
dave

Maybe used goods lists like frecycle, freegle etc

Reply to
NT

A lot of councils seem to use steel framed beds with that stretched metal wires crossed over if this is what you mean. I bought one only a few months back from an independent furniture shop in New Malden. I'm sure they must be about. The big well known stores seem to have trendy, expensive or crappy cheap slatted rubbish.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Personally I would have thought adding any potential "sag" to your existing bed will negate any advantages your new matress will have given you.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Maybe - but it's a case of "give it a try". A proper name for these things would help as some place thing I mean those sprung bases with giant wire springs. Lady in local store just told me they are "old fashioned" - 3 times. I explained I don't care how fashionable they were, I just want to try one out. I recall years ago (when working in Germany actually), we were looking for a new bed. And the saleman there wanted to impress upon us that these steel-mesh beds were as tough as a Tiger Tank (I made that last bit up :-) ). Anyway, to demo this, he took his shoes off and started trampolineing on this bed! S.O. und Ich had a very tough time not to start laughing...

Reply to
dave

Yes those slatted things are everywhere now. Can't say I like them much. May as well put the mattress on the floor as there's precious little give in them. There's not meant to be of course. I know this kind of thing is very subjective - but would just like to give the trampo. thing a try.

Reply to
dave

Most of the experts say solid board for bad back.

Reply to
F Murtz

". By that I mean the kind that has a "trampoline" type thing

The springy wire mesh ones feel comfortable at first, (there is one in this house) but you don't want one for a bad back! Get a big piece of thickish plywood or similar and put it under your mattress, above whatever base you have. Job done.

Reply to
Tahi

I sympathise with the OP 'cos I have to look after my back too. Fortunately I have three, different beds in this house and unless the kids are visiting, I can pick whichever one I like.

Sometimes I just need to curl up in the saggy, springy one. Sometimes its the slatted base, sometimes the flat-topped divan.

And sometimes lying on the floor is the only thing that works.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I'm googling metal mesh bed base and getting hits for steel-framed beds with a metal mesh 'trampoline.' for instance

Nick Odell