trampoline and rain

Hi, I got a trampoline this year, i live on the west coast of Scotland, it rains, it rains a lot and it rains often. I am used to the rain, but the trampoline is not, it stores the rain until the next jump, so we all tend to end up soggy, even on a dry day. There is a protective cover for the springs, it is the culprit the rain goes in and is stored there. Tonight i thought of covering the springs with some pipe lagging and lashing some fishing net to cover the gaps, the trampoline is for my daughters, 4 and 2. The other option was to use the present protective cover, but cover the top and most of the bottom with polythene. any thoughts?

ta

roy

Reply to
misterroy

================================== Look here for a basic solution:

Cicero

There is a "catch net" around the jumpoline, making a waterproof tarp difficult to tie down easily. ta

Reply to
misterroy

What about sticking something like a broom under it so that the middle is raised a few inches. That way it can't do pond impressions.

mark

Reply to
Mark

Store it on its side. I'd consider getting rid of it though, the incidence of trampoline injuries is very high.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Agreed on both counts.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@care2.com saying something like:

So what? Teaches the little feckers about safety.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Mark" saying something like:

Good idea - and with a wide mushroom-like end on it so it doesn't damage the fabric.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

works well where the risks are less serious, but trampolines permanently disable too many people to be a good value lesson.

NT

Reply to
meow2222