Baxi back boiler and propane / butane

Hi, Has anyone successfully converted a baxi back boiler to run off propane / butane bottled gas?

I have an application where I need to run a baxi boiler but don't have a mains methane gas supply and need to run it off bottled gas...

Cheers

Reply to
<Garp>

I'm sure that when I installed a Baxi Bermuda in the late 1960's it could have been supplied to run off either town gas or natural gas or calor gas - just by changing the jets. I imagine that more recent versions will be the same - at least in respect of natural gas or calor.

Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Set Square)

Hi Roger, That's the problem. I can get one supplied as new but I'm out to convert a s/hand unit to run in the garden as a pool heater, hence the need for bottled gas, and I don't want to spend a fortune on this project!!!

Cheers!!

Reply to
<Garp>

If the same basic boiler is made in two versions - for natural and calor gas - there ain'y going to be all that much difference, and you should be able to buy the jets for the other version and convert it.

You need to contact Baxi's technical department, and tell them the model number, and find out what parts you need.

[I notice that Partscenter do an LPG to NG conversion kit for about £88+VAT - so there may be one for going the other way].
Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Set Square)