bathroom rcds

Thanks. I was going to put a switch in the airing cupboard, so no chance of wet fingers touching it. In the bathroom I was going to use a fused spur (with no switch) but just wasn't sure if the little "flap" over the fuse was a problem with regard to water ingress, but like you say, it's going to be sensibly away from the shower head so it should be fine. If the switch is fused then I could, like you say, just use a connector plate in the bathroom to be doubly sure. I would quite like something with a neon though, so that I remember to turn them off!

Thanks again.

Reply to
Sam

No, I opted for super saver delivery so it's not here yet, but will be any day soon.

That's what I wanted to hear, thanks.

This is exactly what I have done.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Sam

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:36:47 GMT someone who may be Sam wrote this:-

I have never found a cord outlet with a neon, if anyone has please let me know. All I have found is fused connection units with neons, like and the Crabtree equivalent.

A neon on the switch can also be useful, especially if it is outside the bathroom.

Reply to
David Hansen

The thermostat was built in to the towel rail. Wasn't cheap £120 odd, but I wanted one with a thermostat which in hind sight might not have been a too great idea, but then in the summer didn't come on and towels dried OK, so maybe worth it.

The house had a fused consumer unit (no RCD's) so an RCD fro bathroom was a must.

You can't really use a CH timer as they are only rated typically 2A for boiler and pump. I used a 24hour/7 day immersion heater timer rated at 13A.

Reply to
Ian_m

That's easily made though using two gridswitch modules.

Reply to
Andy Wade

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:29:24 +0000 someone who may be Andy Wade wrote this:-

Thanks. I have never seen a cord outlet module advertised, but I see from that there is one.

Reply to
David Hansen