bathroom locks

I removed an old bathroom door handle, the handle consisted of backing plate, the handle and a an internal locking mechanism operated by a small knob on the backing plate. Looks like this

the locking mechanism is internal it only needs a std tubular latch, like this
I am dambed if I can find a new replacement - these days they are not supplied with the same internal mechanism, they require fitting a lock mechanism into the door
know where a good old internal lock is?

Thanks

Reply to
FirstTimer

> However I am dambed if I can find a new replacement - these days they

Tried any of the Screwfix items: D12781

David Hearn

> However I am dambed if I can find a new replacement - these days they

What you need is called a Privacy set (where the snib just stops the lever being turned). Be careful as this looks exactly the same as a Bathroom set, which is different. This operates a Bathroom type mortice lock with a separate shoot, and people get confused about the two names. Privacy sets are on the World of Brass website

There's also an explanation of the two different types on
you want to use knob furniture instead of levers, Legge do a separate brass thumb-turn (ref No. 14) for their tubular latches 3722LK/3724LK.
(Page 12) This just stops the latch being withdrawn.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Taylor

My wife bought, what looks like, the mechanism from B&Q. The tubular latch was supplied seperately from the handle/lock mechanism. WM

> However I am dambed if I can find a new replacement - these days they

Reply to
demon news

replying to Peter Taylor, peter caulkett wrote: Legge don't do thumb-turn no. 14 for their tubular latches, these were discontinued 10 years ago apparently - and there is no alternative. Seems pointless to keep manufacturing the latches without some form of locking them

Reply to
peter caulkett

So they were discontinued 3 years after asking the question?

Reply to
alan_m

Maybe nobody answered and they thought, um nobody wants em. brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff