Bathroom electrics

> Then read it cover to cover. It's not that big a tome and it is a > practical

Is it just me or is this book not much better written than the OSG itself? Both are very poorly laid out in my view.

Off on a tangent, seen in global context the UK does indeed seem absolutely obsessed with the fear of electrocution. Regs in other industrialised countries I have lived many years in (Belgium, Japan) are far laxer, with no apparent ill effect. Laxity of regs in the USA _with_ ill effect is well covered on the internet, but then the Americans are on a different planet!

Reply to
rrh

>>> Then read it cover to cover. It's not that big a tome and it is a >> practical

Whifield may have been around before the OSG - I remember it from many years ago. Can't be sure though. I find it OK - but perhaps not as an instant reference - more something that should be read through.

The UK is obsessed with H&S in general.

If only ;-|

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Peter,

the OP didn't actually explicitly say he was going to do the work himself. The fact that this is uk.d-i-y, and he asked if *he* had to do certain things, is highly suggestive, but not absolute. I would be charitable and say that he may well have been asking to give him the knowledge to evaluate somebody else's suggestions or recommendations - there are some very knowledgeable and helpful people who contribute here, who have been known to point out the limitations of the advice and work offered and done by the average 'chosen out of the Yellow Pages' tradesman.

There is nothing wrong with promulgating the knowledge of what is necessary - it is then up to the OP what they do with that knowledge. Restricting access to knowledge is the behaviour of mediaeval guildsmen.

Regards,

Sid

Reply to
unopened

"Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all day in a boat drinking beer".

Dave H.

(The engineer formerly known as Homeless)

Reply to
Dave H.

So are you honestly saying that if you found a house you liked and wanted to buy, you would back out of the purchase because the owner was not able to produce paperwork for electrical work that looked like it

*may* have been done after the introduction of part P?

Secondly, would you care to explain the reason for part P?

Reply to
John Rumm